Dr. Carlos Palomino Bautista
Quirónsalud Madrid University Hospital
Dr. Carlos Palomino Bautista is a specialist in Ophthalmology at the San Carlos Clinical Hospital, Madrid. Two-month postgraduate course at the Bascom Palmer Hospital.
He began his professional career at the San Carlos Clinical Hospital in Madrid, dealing with ophthalmological disorders in heroin-addicted patients. Subsequently, he was commissioned by the Professor of Ophthalmology in Madrid to create an eye bank at the same hospital.
In the 1980s, he began incisional corneal surgery for the elimination of corrective crystals. In the 1990s, he pioneered refractive surgery techniques with different laser platforms.
Parallel to this period and up to the present day, he has been researching in the field of intraocular lenses capable of suppressing both cataracts and refractive defects, including presbyopia. He also works in the fields of diagnosis and treatment of ocular surface alterations, corneal diseases and studies aimed at achieving maximum visual quality in patients.
He has published numerous national and international publications on all these subjects, as well as presentations in the most renowned international forums and is a member of scientific societies of the highest level.Experience
- Assistant Professor to the Chair of Ophthalmology at the San Carlos Clinical Hospital between 1981 and 1987.
- Speciality courses at the Professional School of Ophthalmology. Chair of Ophthalmology, San Carlos Clinical Hospital, Madrid.
- Coordinator of the medical group in charge of the treatment of systemic complications in heroin addicts between 1984 and 1987 at the San Carlos Clinical Hospital.
- In June 1986 he was appointed Director of the Ophthalmology Service of the S.A.S. (INI Group), located in C/ Castelló 58, Madrid.
- Head of the Ophthalmology Service of the Quirónsalud Madrid University Hospital and of the new Quirónsalud Olympia Medical Surgical Center.
- Ophthalmologist Director of Centro Benéfico San Antonio.
- Ophthalmologist Director of the Reina Sofía Alzheimer Foundation.
- Member of La Rebotica Scientific Advisory Board.
- Member and Healthcare Coordinator of the Jurcam publishing house.
- Director of Publications of the Spanish Society of Implanto-Refractive Ocular Surgery.
- Editor of the indexed Journal of Emmetropia.
- Board member of the Journal ‘Cirugía Refractiva y Catarata Panamericana’.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery, Complutense University of Madrid. Degree thesis: "Clinical and Angiofluoresceinographic Study of Angioid Stretch Marks".
- PhD courses completed. Speciality at the San Carlos Clinical Hospital, Madrid. EPOM Chair of Ophthalmology.
- Author and/or contributor to 10 books on Ophthalmology and 4 on Socio-Healthcare topics.
- Articles in national and international journals.
- Socio-healthcare opinion articles in various specialised publications.
- Author and co-author of multiple articles published in national and international journals of impact.
- Author of the official paper of the Spanish Unit of Implant-Refractive Surgery 2008.
Communications and Presentations
- 179 presentations in national and international Congresses.
- Director, coordinator and President of 6 national and international congresses.
Awards and certifications
- Best Poster Paper Award at the ASCRS Congress 2001.
- Best video Award at the ASCRS Congress 2002.