Dr. José Ángel Cabrera
Quirónsalud Madrid University Hospital
Ruber Juan Bravo Hospital
His clinical experience and research into the treatment of cardiac arrhythmias have made him a nationally and internationally recognised expert in the field of percutaneous treatment of cardiac rhythm disorders, especially atrial fibrillation.Experience
- On his return from London, he organised and directed the Arrhythmia Unit of the Cardiology Department of the Nuestra Señora del Pino University Hospital in Las Palmas until 2000.
- Subsequently, he was Associate Head of the Arrhythmia Unit and Director of the Electrophysiology Laboratory at the Fundación Jiménez Díaz hospital, Madrid.
- Professor of Cardiology at the Autonomous University and Fellowship Program Director of the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology (Heart Rhythm Society), positions he held for 6 years until his transfer to the Quirónsalud Madrid University Hospital in 2006.
- Dr. Cabrera has been head of the Cardiology Department at the Quirónsalud Madrid University Hospital since the hospital began operating in 2006.
- Since January 2013, he has also been head of the Cardiology Unit at the Ruber Juan Bravo Hospital and in 2022 he will be Head of Service at the new Olympia Center.
- He is a Professor at the European University of Madrid where he is Head of the Chair of Clinical and Basic Translational Cardiology.
- PhD in Medicine and Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Granada. He completed his post-graduate training as an interventional cardiologist in the Arrhythmia Unit (cardiac Electrophysiology laboratory) of the Fundación Jiménez Díaz hospital, Madrid, 1994-1996.
- Senior Research Fellow. at National Heart & Lung Institute. Royal Brompton. Paediatric Cardiac Morphology under the direction of Prof. Robert H Anderson in London (UK) in 1997.
Research and teaching
- Member of the Spanish Society of Cardiology, Arrhythmia Section of the SEC, European Society of Cardiology, Working Group on Arrhythmias, European Heart Rhythm Association, North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology.
- He participates in numerous selection and monitoring committees for grants and research projects of various national and international cardiology and cardiac arrhythmia societies.
- Reviewer of articles for publication in the most relevant journals in the speciality. Journal of the Spanish Society of Cardiology, Heart Rhythm, Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology, PACE, Europace, Heart, Circulation, Journal of American College of Cardiology, Circulation Electrophysiology, Journal of Interventional Cardiovascular Electrophysiology.
- Member of the European Society of Cardiology
- Member of the Working Group on Arrhythmias
- European Society of Cardiology
- Member of Arrhythmia Section of the Spanish Society of Cardiology
- Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology (FESC)
He has published more than 80 articles and book chapters. Most of them in international journals with a high impact factor. Several of his articles have gathered more than 300 citations. He has presented more than 400 papers and presentations at national and international conferences in his speciality.